Monday, December 9, 2013

Motivational Monday





I've been feeling a little off lately. I don't know what it is. I'm sure it's partly stress; I've got a lot going on--in life, in my head, with my headaches. Stress breads anxiety. I've been so tired and not myself. I don't know if it's this time of year; sometimes holidays get me down. 




Seriously, this is what I feel like a lot of the time. I've had quite a few anxious days lately. A few more than I have recently. And when I have anxious days, they drain me. It takes a lot of energy to keep my mind together and relaxed sometimes. Some days are harder than others, but a lot of energy goes into keeping my brain focused and not going on an OCD-looping rampage.

I had a really long "good" streak with my anxiety, but I just keep telling myself that I'll have ups and downs. I haven't had as much confidence in myself either lately. I think that's part of the increase in my anxiety flare-ups. It's just what happens when my anxiety strikes. 

I hate to be a downer in this this post, but it's just reality. I'm not myself, and I'm having trouble getting back to the good feelings that I was having. I'm trying really hard. I just know it's going to take a lot of work and that takes a lot of energy and stress (cue crazy anxiety cycle). But I'm still hanging in there and working on things. Because of all this, I wanted to do something every week that helped me stay positive with myself and remember to take one day at a time. 


Thus, Motivational Monday. 

I wanted to find something fun or meaningful that has made me happy recently. I'm going to go back to this post throughout the week and look at my motivation to help me when I'm feeling down. So here are some things that have put a smile on my face lately. I hope they bring a smile to yours too :) 

Music

Music really means a lot to me. It fills me with so much emotion. It's a connection I have with my husband who is a music teacher and a musician. Since I'm so much better with written words than I am speaking to people, I feel a connection to musicians and their lyrics. I really relate to them and feel like they speak to my feelings. When I listen to music, it's like a huge emotional release. It's amazing. 

Here are two songs that I have really been helping me to feel happier and relate to what I'm feeling inside. They help me get through  my rough patches.



Sara Bareilles is one of my favorite artists. She is a poet and an amazing musician. This song makes my heart feel strong and happy and helps me to remember to take a deep breath and just keep running towards my happy ("Chasing the Sun," from CD The Blessed Unrest).




I love Levi Robin. Bjorn and I heard him opening for Glen Hansard last fall. He is a fabulous musician. I love his song "No Worries" and the lyric "I don't want to worry no more." This has really resonated with me lately. I love this song. It really helps me just close my eyes and take a deep breath ("No Worries," from Levi Robin's EP).

Here's to music motivating me to stay happy and relaxed.

Love and happiness <3 Holly








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Comments are one thing on my happy list! Hearing from you makes me smile :)