Saturday, May 3, 2014

Ladies, Get 'Em Measured!

Recently, I went to get measured for a new bra. I was tired of pulling my bra up during the day, coming home with red marks under my armpits, and feeling uncomfortable in my bras all day. On a recent day off, I went to get measured. I also ended up purchasing two new bras because I was wearing the wrong size! Forever. I was, seriously, wearing the wrong size forever!

I went in thinking that I must need a bigger band size, since I was getting those awful red marks around my armpits. Well, nope! I was totally wrong! I needed a whole bigger cup size! Eek! I have always worn an A cup since high school, college, grad school, my first years teaching, and so on and so on. Can you tell it's been a long time since I've been measured? Oops!


Did you know that 80% of women are wearing the wrong bra size?  Wearing the right size bra can make a huge difference in the way you look and feel! So... KEEP CALM AND GET FITTED! #keep #calm #shopbloomers


So, needless to say, I needed a new bra! I ended up buying two new ones for now. I got a strapless convertible one that I can wear with pretty much anything and another bra without removable straps. 

I also told my sister that if I was wearing the wrong bra, then she definitely was! (She has a lot more going on with her tatas if you know what I mean.) I took her to get her bra size checked. Wait for it...she was two cups sizes too small! Hello wrong bra size! She was shocked! 

Image



Signs You're Wearing the Wrong Bra:


1. Your bra should not be leaving marks on your skin.

2. The cups are bumpy, and the material is not laying flat on your body.

3. The straps either slide off your shoulders or dig into your skin.

4. The center of your bra doesn't rest against your skin.

5. The band isn't parallel to the ground. Many times, it pulls upwards in in arched shape.

6. The cups of your bra are overflowing (eehhem...sis!).

7. The underwire does not lie flat on your body.

7. Your bra feels extremely uncomfortable, or it hurts!




If you think you are in need of a bra fitting, but just haven't gone and done it yet, just go for it! It made me feel so much better! It was my happy of the week! No more red marks and pulling my bra up the whole day!


Love and happiness <3 Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Comments are one thing on my happy list! Hearing from you makes me smile :)