Friday, May 9, 2014

Five Minute Friday: Grateful

Today I'm linking up with Lisa-Jo Baker over at Surprised by Motherhood for Five Minute Friday. 



Five Minute Friday

For Five Minute Friday, the goal is just to write for five minutes straight. No hyper-editing, or revising, just writing. Put your thoughts on paper, and that's it! Stop on by Lisa Jo's blog and check out all the other amazing people and their writing for her Five Minute Friday link-up! 



This week's topic is Grateful.


Go:


I Am Grateful Because

I am grateful because I had my dad for 26 amazing years.

I am grateful because I can still remember his smell.

I am grateful because I can still hear his voice and his laugh.

I am grateful because I can still feel his hug and see his smile while he squeezes me tight.

I am grateful because I am married to the most amazing man.

I am grateful because he promised my dad he’d take care of me.

I am grateful because he’s known me since I was a teenager.

I’m grateful because he gets me, even when I haven’t said a word.

I am grateful because I have a mom who loves me unconditionally.

I am grateful because she would stand in front of me while the storm is raging.

I am grateful because I have fun loving, crazy sisters.

I am grateful because they are there for me through thick and thin.

I am grateful because I teach amazing kids who make me want to be the best I can be.

I am grateful because I love to learn, to read, and to write my life in a book.

I am grateful because I have friends who get me, who accept and love me.

I am grateful because I just want to make this world a little happier.

I am grateful because I have a body that can dance. 

I am grateful because I am not afraid to put myself out there.

I am grateful because I have this one life.

I am grateful because I have time to figure it all out.

I am grateful because I never give up.

I am grateful because I am.


Stop.


Thanks for stopping by!

What are you grateful for?


Love and happiness <3 Holly

6 comments:

  1. It Sounds you are blessed by having an amazing father and husband.
    http://live1cafe.wordpress.com/2014/05/10/grateful/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have an amazing husband. My dad was the best! I have great memories of him to hang on to!

      Delete
  2. So much to be grateful for! Thank you for sharing all these blessings today! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have a lot to be grateful for. Thank you for reading :) !!

      Delete
  3. this is such a great idea!! how lovely to just dedicate 5 minutes to appreciating everything you have in life to be grateful for! so lovely! i'd love it if youd comment back http://amyelizabethfashion.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/giveaway-and-cosmopolitan-best-new.html xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy! It was a fun idea! The topic was given over at Lisa-Jo's blog for Five Minute Friday (linked above). I link-up every Friday to write for the topic she posts. It's so much fun!! Thanks again! I did check your blog out! Too cute! I loved your Instagram picture post!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! Comments are one thing on my happy list! Hearing from you makes me smile :)