Friday, June 26, 2015

Operation Be Healthier and Happier #1





I sweat a lot this week, and I am so proud of myself! I've been staying active and feeling more motivated to get things done in all aspects of my life: professional, personal, and emotional. I've been getting more things done around the house, taking care of projects that I've wanted to do, but never had the energy for. I was a BEAST at cleaning out my classroom to move to a new job. I really didn't want to have to go through everything I own as a teacher, but I feel like I knocked it out in a good amount of time. Only one more trip to go! And I have been working out a lot the past week, and I'm planning my workouts for next week to keep my motivation going :)



Here's what I've done so far this week:

Saturday (6.20)--21 Day Fix legs workout

Sunday (6.21)--21 Day Fix arms workout

Monday (6.22): Zumba

Tuesday (6.23): Zumba and I spent 3 hours in a humid classroom packing up my whole teacher life to start a teaching job in a different district in the fall.

Wednesday (6.24): Walked Remy with Bjorn. Showed Bjorn our park loop :)

Thursday (6.25): Packed and moved and cleaned my house. I felt really active even though I didn't do a "real" workout today--migraine city :(

Friday (6.26): Relaxed and went to a movie with Bjorn.

Saturday (6.27): I plan to go to Zumba from 10:00-11:30.

Sunday (6.28): I plan to go to free yoga and Zumba in the park with my friend Amanda from My Shoe String Life. :)




I have been drinking A LOT of water to make me feel better plus to curb my migraines. The past two weeks, I have been drinking between 96 and 128 ounces of water each day from the time I wake up. I fill up my Tervis Tumbler 3-4 times throughout the day. 

Since I get migraines almost every time I work out, I tried something new this week. The last two days I went to Zumba, I "pretreated" my migraine with an anti-inflammatory pill that I take and a  half of a migraine pill. I can't do this every time I exercise, or I'll run out of migraine pills for the month. But, no  migraines with the pre-treatment! When I go get my Botox at the beginning of July, I am going to ask my neurologist about these types of migraines that are triggered by exercise.

I have also been making sure that I eat more fiber and protein for breakfast instead of grabbing a quick protein bar. I have been making myself eggs and whole grain toast or whole grain waffles with fruit. I feel full a lot longer and have more energy.

Here's to a great past week of taking care of myself and to a great next week!


What have you done to take care of yourself this past week?


Love and happiness <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Comments are one thing on my happy list! Hearing from you makes me smile :)