Monday, June 29, 2015

Summer Reading. Oh, My!

One thing I love about the summer is reading. Pleasure reading--getting to the books that I've been dying to read. During the school year, I start off with good reading intentions. My reading time wanes from reading a little every night to not reading at all for weeks. In the summer, I can read to my heart's desire. It is so exciting for me to be able to just pick up a book whenever I feel like it and dive in. 

This year I gave myself a reading goal on Good Reads. My goal is 40 books read in 2015. I think this is a doable goal. I am a few books behind, according to Good Reads, but I always read a lot more in one month during the summer than I do during the school year. 

I also joined my friend Stephanie @owl_on_the_shelf for a reading challenge she started. It's the Rory Gilmore Reading Challenge based on the 339 books Rory was seen reading during the Glimore Girls run. I have read more books on the list than I thought, but there are still so many to read! Many of them are classics that I just haven't gotten around to reading, so I'm excited to add some of these to my list. I plan of reading these two first:


  


If you want to check out the books in the Rory Gilmore challenge, click here. There's a list where you can check off books you have read from the challenge.


Here are some highlights from my reading during 2015:


Currently Reading





Books I've Finished this Summer












Books I've Read So Far for My Reading Challenge (before summer):

6. My Name is Not Angelica by Scott O'Dell

7. The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing by: Marie Condo

8. Smile by Raina Telemeier

9. The Color of My Words by: Lynn Joseph

10. Dead to The World (iZombie #1) by Chris Roberston

11. I Was Here by Gale Forman

12. Brown Girl Dreaming by: Jacqueline Woodson

13. Legend by: Marie Lu

14. Still Alice by: Lisa Genova

15. Mockingbird by: Katherine Erskine

16. Pictures of Hollis Woods by: Patricia Reilly Giff




I think I'm doing pretty well so far! 


What are you currently reading? Any books you've loved reading recently?



Love and happiness <3 Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Comments are one thing on my happy list! Hearing from you makes me smile :)