Monday, February 17, 2014

Liebster Award and Sunshine Award

I was emailed a few weeks ago by two sweet bloggers I follow to let me know that they both nominated me for blogger awards :) Lilian Chen from My Guide to All Things Beauty nominated me for a Liebster Award, and Katie from Amateur Aglow nominated me for a Sunshine Award. Thank you so much ladies for the shout out! I'm finally getting this post up!!

The Liebster Award is really just a way to get to know small bloggers. The Sunshine Award is similar to the Liebster Award in the sense that you get to know small bloggers, but bloggers are nominated if someone feels that your blog brings a little more happiness into the world and you positively inspire others. 



      


Thanks again ladies! 




Liebster Award and Sunshine Awards Rules:

1. Tell us 11 facts about yourself.
2. Answer the questions that the tagger has asked of you.
3. Create 11 questions for those you want to nominate
4. Choose 11 people (with less than 200 followers) to give this award to and link them in 
    your post. This one I have seen people do many different numbers. Some nominate 5     
    people. Others nominate 11. You can see what I did below!
5. Go to their blog and let them know they've been nominated.
6. You may not nominate the person who nominated you.

Here are 11 Facts about me:


1. I love seafood, especially shrimp, scallops, and mussels. I could eat them every day!

2. I cannot whistle.
3. I have danced since I was three, mostly ballet and pointe, but also jazz, tap, lyrical, 
    contemporary, hip-hop, belly dancing, hustle, and salsa. Now I Zumba!
4. When I am nervous, sometimes I stutter.
5. I love to draw.
6. I have always had a dog in my life since I was born. To this day, I still have dogs.
7. Bjorn and I met in high school German class and starting dating a year later :)
8. I hate flying, even though I have been to Germany twice, France, and Austria.
9. When I was in 7th grade, I told my counselor that as a profession I wanted to be         
    choreographer. I don't think she thought that was a good idea :-/
10. I am currently writing two books: a teen fiction book and a kids series.
11. Bjorn and I like to plan trips based on restaurants that we want to try!



What was the last things that made you smile?  My sister, Ashley, was visiting from Chicago and asked me to show her some new eye looks with the eye shadow I bought her for Christmas. The first one looked great with her brown eyes (bright green). When I got working on the second one, I realized that I couldn't use eyeliner that day to save my life! Her eyes were a mess! I couldn't stop laughing!! (She thought it was pretty funny too!)



What are you doing on Valentine's Day?  Who knows? It'll be a surprise. Bjorn and I are spur of the moment kind of people. (Since I posted after Valentine's, I'll update: we went to an Asian buffet and watched Flight with Denzel Washington. Really great movie.)



Why did you start blogging? I wanted a place to write and share my experiences with OCD and anxiety. I always felt like it was hard to explain why I was always so quiet and nervous around people. I feel like this is a great outlet for me to talk about my life and my new journey of overcoming the obstacles I've face all my life living with OCD and anxiety. 



What do you want to be remembered for? Loving people and caring about people, especially my family, friends, students, and co-workers (I have great family, friends, students, and co-workers btw!)


What is your favourite beauty product? Mascara!


Where was the last country you visited? Canada. Can someone please take me to Germany? I miss it so!


What essential makeup item do you think most girls/women need? I don't think every woman needs one certain makeup item. I think makeup should make women feel confident and beautiful. Whatever that is, be it mascara, lipstick, lip gloss, foundation, no makeup, so be it!


What is your most treasured item of clothing? My wedding dress :)


Would you rather Roses or Lilies? Roses


Which one do you prefer: Winter or Summer? Summer, especially after this winter.


What is the most adventurous food you have ever eaten? I don't know what it adventurous--foie gras? elk? rabbit? conch? pork belly? snails? I don't think any of those are adventurous. They are delicious! I can't think of anything! I don't want to eat bugs!


Favourite classic book? A Tree Grows In Brooklyn by Betty Smith



Best dressed at The Grammys? Miranda Lambert--she looked amazing!



Gloss, Balm or Lipstick? Lipstick or Gloss



Shower in the morning or before bed? Morning


Biggest obsession right now? Throwback perfume to what I wore in high school--CK One



Movie character you would befriend? Keri Russell's character is Waitress (Jenna)


How do you like rooms to be decorated? With pictures of people I love, nice art (thanks to much art from my beautiful artist friend, Jessica!), and lots of color!!



Favourite thing about living where you live? I'm close to the city, good restaurants, good music, good art museums, my family (except my middle sissy), and close to where I grew up


Favourite candle scent? Bath and Body Works Tea and Lemon



Favourite store? Anthropologie



Here are my nominations!! Some blogs that I chose, I nominated for both awards. Some I nominated for one, depending on whether or not they've been nominated before. I ended up choosing making 11 total nominations. I love these ladies' blogs, so check them out! 


I decided to nominate the following people for the Liebster Award:


Amy @ The Art of Teaching 

Sarah Beth @ Miss White's Classroom
Tina @ Bringing Along OCD
Shelley Little Midwest Ramblings

And the following people for the Sunshine Award:


Allyce @ Anchors the Soul

Ashley @ A Cute Angle
Sarah Beth @ Miss White's Classroom
Shelley Little Midwest Ramblings
Amy The Art of Teaching
Amanda @ My Shoestring Life
Jenny Wonderfully Complex


So those of you nominated should (if you would like to--please feel no obligation!!)...1) Link back to my blog, 2) answer the questions below, 3) nominate 5 others for the award(s) you were nominated, and 4) write 11 questions that each has to answer.


Here are the questions for everyone to answer:


1. What is your favorite go-to meal?

2. If you had a day to yourself, how would you spend it?
3. If you could describe yourself in three words, what would they be?
4. What is one goal you have for the next month?
5. Why did you start blogging?
6. What is your favorite aspect about your chosen profession or something enjoy doing with 
    your life?
7. If you could learn any language in the world, what would it be and why?
8. If you won a dream vacation of your choice, where would you go?
9. What are you reading/listening to right now? Do you have a favorite quote or lyric?
10. What is your best memory from the past week?
11. Is there anything that you dream of doing in your life? A must on your "life to do list"?
12. What are you grateful for today?

Whoa! That was a long one! :)


Love and happiness <3 Holly


2 comments:

Thanks for commenting! Comments are one thing on my happy list! Hearing from you makes me smile :)