Friday, March 28, 2014

Five Minute Friday: Mighty Anxiety

Tonight I'm linking up with Lisa Jo Baker for Five Minute Friday. Every Friday, people from all walks of life from all over sit down and write for 5 minutes about a given topic. Then we share our writing on her blog.



Five Minute Friday


The goal of our writing is to sit down and write without big revisions or editing. We just write. It's fun! Try it; see what happens!


This week's topic: Mighty


Go:





Mighty Anxiety



You, my friend, are mighty.

There are times when you
have taken over
my sight,
my heart, 
my mind.
You have taken away
my vision,
my hope, 
my voice.

With a strength and power
I had never known
how to overcome,
I struggled to
stay afloat.


I gave you my tears,
my thoughts,
my go-with-the-flow,
my too tired to fight.





You, my dear anxiety,
you put up a good fight.


I know you're used to surrender,
but I haven't given up yet.


Sorry to disappoint you, but 
I'm tired of your bullshit.


I am the mighty one,
putting up with your games
day after day after day.


I'm tired of fighting.
Some days, I'd rather not,
but every day I prepare for war.
This girl ain't going down easy.


She never has, and she never will.










Stop.



Let me know if you give it a go!!


Love and happiness <3 Holly


2 comments:

  1. Hi, Holly! Hopping over from FMF-- and I enjoyed your format here. I'm NOT poet at all and so I always appreciate others who can write with poetry.
    Also, I think it's awesome that you are fighting your anxiety head on. Praying God gives you the victory in this fight! Thanks for sharing your words and being vulnerable with the FMF crew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I thought you had a lovely blog so I nominated you fornthe liebster award here:
    http://elvishmoon.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/ive-been-nominated-for-liebster-award.html
    This is not spam dear!
    Thank you, Rhainnon xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Comments are one thing on my happy list! Hearing from you makes me smile :)