Monday, March 10, 2014

Guilty Pleasures

This "warmer" weather has been totally giving me a little more pep in my step. It's been making me feel a little happier, especially thinking about getting some more sun! I definitely think I need a little more Vitamin D in my life!

I thought I'd write a little post on some of those crazy things that we deem "guilty pleasures" that we all get sucked into or give into every now and then, but we secretly (or in my case, not so secretly) love! With this cold weather, I have been cozing up on my couch watching some crazy television that I usually don't watch because it's been so darn cold outside. I've had a few crazy marathons on TV that is full of drama (and that my husband hates btw), but I haven't felt one ounce guilty about it!

I'm considering these guilty pleasures because I don't typically indulge in drama-filled tv and rich, calorie-filled food, but everything in moderation won't hurt every once and awhile, right?!? I say, it's good for the soul :)

Here are some guilty pleasures that I've been indulging in during this cold, wintry craziness:



Television Shows

Real Housewives of NYC

I don't know if you've ever gotten sucked into any of the Real Housewives shows, but I just never have...that is until this last season of the Real Housewives of NYC. Maybe it's just that sometimes I like to watch TV that doesn't require extra brain exertion when I'm shot from the day! 

Any who, this show has been free On Demand, so I've been watching it. I really like two of the women on the show named Heather and Carole. Heather has a company called Yummie and makes this really awesome shapewear and body wear. I also love Carole's story. Her husband passed away from cancer, and she also lost her best friends, John F. Kennedy, Jr. and Carolyn Bessette-Kennedy when John's plane crashed while he was flying it. I am really interested in real people's stories, and I really love these two women! That's probably the only reason I watch!














#Rich Kids of Beverly Hills

This show is seriously ridiculous. It follows the lives of these twenty-somethings living in Beverly Hills with crazy amounts of money. Most of them come from old money. This show is like an up-to-date Clueless. I just find it amazing to watch how these people spend their lives and find nothing wrong with dropping 20 grand on a party for one night. It's just strange where some people's priorities lie. Well, I got sucked into this show and can't stop watching. I find it interesting to see where their lives have taken them and how different or similar they are to their parents and how they all interact together. (I seriously would have loved to be a sociologist in another life!)

Here's an interview with the cast telling everyone what they hope the take-away from the show is...okay!!! And then there's a clip from the actual show and what you actually watch during and episode.










Thicker than Water

Okay, I don't know if this is a guilty pleasure, but I'm counting it as one because I had an all- out marathon with this show too! Have you ever seen this show? I also watched it On Demand. This show is about Ben and Jewel Tankard. It follows them and their blended family through the ups and down of family life. They are a southern, strongly religious family, and they like the "finer things in life" (according to the show's website). From watching the show, you'll get what that means. They have a huge house, expensive cars, etc., etc. I really enjoy Ben and following the kids and their relationships throughout the first season.





Music

Here are a few songs that I've been into blasting in my car and singing along to lately!



Miley Cyrus, "We Can't Stop"
With The Roots



Rick Astley, "Never Gonna Give You Up"



Ludacris ft. Nikki Minaj, "My Chick Bad"



Sappy Teen Fiction

I love teen fiction for it's quick reads and it's sappy love stories. Here are a few I've been liking lately.






All books from www.amazon.com



Butter

I love butter. I have no problem cooking with butter every once and awhile. Moderation = key. Julia Child has an awesome recipe for Braised Cucumbers that I love as a side dish, and it uses butter! It is soooo good! Here's the recipe link at Epicurious. I buy seedless, English cucumbers and don't peel them. I like the taste of the skin on these. It isn't slimy or waxy. 





Braised cucumbers and celery that Bjorn and I made--
one of our faves! (Minus the mint)



Amaretto

I really like amaretto--don't say anything about this one, Rachael! One of my favorite ways to have amaretto is on top of ice cream! Not every day, of course, but I wish! It's sooo delicious!!



I buy whatever kind of vanilla ice cream is on sale, amaretto, and almond cookie thins. The cookie thins below are similar to the ones they sell at Kroger. I can't remember the brand! Scoop some ice cream, add a tad bit of amaretto, and crush some cookies on top. So yummy!





Anyone have any guilty pleasures that they've been indulging in lately to get through these winter blues?


Love and happiness <3 Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Comments are one thing on my happy list! Hearing from you makes me smile :)