Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Tried It Tuesday :)

It's time for another installment of Tried It Tuesday!! Da-da-da-dum! And, let me just tell you, I am seriously exhausted! The first five days of school have really knocked it out of me! I could fall asleep at any minute, so I apologize in advance if this post sounds a little nutty-nuts! We say my dog is in a "nutty-nut" mood when he wakes up from a nap and has a crazy energy spurt, running around like a mad man. He is, after all, a 2 year old! Sorry, for throwing that in there! I feel a little slap happy :) I don't know what the heck I'm talking about!!




Well, let's keep things moving, because I could run off on a tangent all night! Here are my Tried It Tuesday finds from this past week:



Food

This past weekend Bjorn and I celebrated 16 years of being together. On Saturday, Bjorn took me out for an impromptu date downtown. It was so much fun! First we went to an early dinner at Taste of Belgium, a Beglian-inspired restaurant. 

Taste of Belgium Brunch

I have never been to The Taste of Belgium while they had their brunch menu out. I have only been for dinner. First of all, if you've never been to The Taste of Belgium, you have to go! It is soooo delicious! Their mussels are my favorite with their frites! Last time I was there, I tried the escargot. Oh my goodness! Buttery deliciousness!! So for brunch, I ate their McWaffle. It is their homemade Belgian waffle used as a sandwich bun. Inside is a perfectly fried egg,  Gruyere cheese, and bacon. On the side was maple syrup to drizzle on top. It was perfection!



Bjorn ate their famous chicken and waffles. The chicken is battered and fried with a little kick--not too much, just the right amount of spice. It's served with one of their fresh Belgian waffles and a side salad.





Dojo Gelato

After we ate, we walked around Washington Park in Over the Rhine and got Dojo Gelato for dessert. Holy smokes! It was delicious! Dojo Gelato is a food truck that serves gelati, sorbetti, espresso and coffee and it was parked right next to Washington Park last Saturday. They also have a stand in Findlay Market. I tried Apricot Cinnamon gelati, and Bjorn had Lemongrass sorbetti. They had so many interesting flavors to try! Sooo good!



M&M's

Last week Bjorn picked up the new Birthday Cake flavored M&M's for me as a sweet treat after my first day back at school. I love birthday cake flavored desserts, but only when they are not too sweet. Sometimes I find that the cake-flavored treats can taste like pounds of sugar have been dumped into them. I do, however, enjoy M&M's as a sweet treat because there is one serving size and that's it. I usually don't eat the whole bag and then save some for later. I found the Cake Batter M&M's to be a little sweet, so I didn't eat the whole bag in one sitting. Now don't get me wrong, I can eat a bag of pretzel M&M's in one sitting :) The birthday cake flavor isn't my all time favorite M&M's flavor, but I do like them a lot!




Book

I recently found a young adult book that I cannot wait to read while browsing the book aisle at the thrift store. Scott O'Dell, the author of Island of the Blue Dolphins, wrote it. The Island of the Blue Dolphins was one of my favorite books as a kid. The new book I found is called My Name is Not Angelica. It is about a young girl named Raisha who is stolen from her home in Africa to be sold in the slave trade of the West Indies. She ends up being sold to work as a house slave, and this starts the story of her new life. I cannot wait to read this book!!






Movie

Last week Bjorn and I watched the newest Muppet move Muppets Most Wanted. I have to say, not matter how old I am or young I was, the Muppets always do and always could make me laugh out loud. Ricky Gervais and Tina Fey are hilarious in this movie. I just think it is so "Muppets" that no one can tell the difference between the bad and good Kermit because of a little black mole on one of their faces :) It was great! If you haven't seen it yet, you must! It's out on DVD! Here is the trailer:





Music


I love, love, love this new song from Jessie J, Ariana Grande, and Nicki Minaj! It makes me want to get up and dance!!! Here's "Bang, Bang":




That's all I've got for this week's Tried It Tuesday! Have a great rest of the week!!


Lots of love <3 Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Comments are one thing on my happy list! Hearing from you makes me smile :)