Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Tried It Tuesday

For this week's Tried It Tuesday, I'll just jump right in! Here's another batch of random favorites from Yours Truly:


Food

First off, I'm going to start with dessert. Bjorn and I tried a new chocolate last week, and it was delicious. The ingredients by first look may not sound or look immediately tempting, but I assure you, it was awesome! 




I bought this chocolate bar at Walgreens on sale, and just as the brand name claims, it was "delish." It had very subtle hints of lemon and black pepper. Honestly, the black pepper doesn't get you until the end. It is not super spicy though. I really like the contrast of the flavors with the chocolate. This one is very well-done. I think it's a good play on the spicy flavor mixed with chocolate that the chili pepper usually gives that's so popular right now. I did get a few pieces of peppercorn stuck in my teeth, but nothing to complain about :)




I picked up these Ice Breakers Sours because I liked the Watermelon-Mint Ice Breakers so much. These are not my favorite. They're okay. They sure do make you pucker! They are pretty darn sour! I think I would have liked them more if they weren't green apple, watermelon, and tangerine. Maybe if they had chosen one flavor and stuck with it? We also bought the Berry Sours; I haven't tried them yet. I'll let you know if I like those better. Bjorn thought maybe I just wasn't a sour fan, but forgot how much I love Sour Patch Kids!! Not a winner in my book :(

Restaurant

On Monday, Bjorn and I went to his hand surgeon appointment and found out he has to have surgery on his elbow and hand. Bad news, but we kind of knew it was coming. He was diagnosed with cubital tunnel in his elbow (like carpal tunnel) almost five years ago, and it's gotten to the point where he can't play his guitar or cross his fingers on his left hand. No good.

Anyways, after the doctor's appointment, Bjorn wanted a drink, so I suggested we go to the Wine Guy's Bistro, which I realized they now call W.G. Kitchen and Bar. Don't know when that changed! We had never been before. There's one at The Banks, in Bridgewater Falls, and in Rookwood. It was fabulous! We went for a late lunch, and their lunch menu and prices are great! I had a glass of Cab and their lunch portion of homemade meatloaf, mushroom gravy, mashed potatoes, and string beans. Bjorn had the Farmhouse Burger with bacon jam (our favorite!) and a fried egg! 


Here's the meatloaf:



We are definitely going back! Here's a link to the restaurant's website.

Beauty

I've been loving wearing a bright pop of pink on my cheeks lately for the summer. First, I'll use my tried and true favorite, elf's pink passion, on my cheeks.



And then I'll put just a little of Milani's Bella Rosa Baked Powder Blush on the apples of my cheeks. It is super rich and pigmented. If you put too much on your brush and don't blend, it will look like you have a hot pink dot on your face, so blend well! But it looks so great on and really brightens up your face! Just really use a light hand!




Fashion

I found this amazing company, well--I've known about it for awhile, but felt it was about time I shared! It's called The Shine Project. They employ at risk youth. Many are first generation college students. They pay the yputh, who are their employees, fair wages, and many of them use that money to pay their college tuition. They sell bracelets and apparel. They just started selling t-shirts with inspiring quotes from the youth they employee. I love this company! I love who they are and what they stand for! I bought an apple bracelet during teacher appreciate week, and I'm planning on getting this t-shirt:

Strength V Neck

I love this quote from one of the 19 year old employees at The Shine Project. It really touches me. If you want to visit their website click here. I also follow The Shine Project on Instagram. There are links to all of their social media on their website. 


Music

Lastly, here are a few tunes to send you out of Tried It Tuesday for this week:


I love, love, love this song. This video is strange, however. Just warning you.





Last Tuesday, Bjorn and I went to see Sara Bareilles. I love her! She sang a new song she wrote for a musical adaptation of the movie Waitress that should be, hopefully, coming out next year! My favorite movie and one of my favorite musicians! Amazing! If you haven't seen Waitress with Keri Russell, you have to! Love! And this song is soooo good!




Thanks for reading!

Tried anything new lately?


Lots of love <3 Holly

2 comments:

  1. Miss you bunches my friend! <3 {{{<*H*><*O*><*L*><*L*><*Y*>}}} <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss you bunches too, sir! Lots of love to you!! Dancing's not the same without you ;)

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! Comments are one thing on my happy list! Hearing from you makes me smile :)