Friday, November 29, 2013

Five Minute Friday: Throwback

Today for Five Minute Friday, I went back to a poem that I wrote on July 13, 2002. I made a few minor word choice changes, but I think it's pretty okay the way it is. When I was in high school and college, I loved to write. I wrote poems, short stories, journals, and among other things and ideas in journals and notebooks. I still have three or four notebooks full of my writing, quotes that I love, inspiring ideas, and song lyrics. Here is one poem that I wrote from back then with some minor changes for today's Five Minute Friday. 


Sludge

Brown flecks of cinnamon float gracefully on top of your vanilla latte. 

With one stir of your spoon, the small colony of spice is forced into a fluid dance,

resembling synchronized swimmers in a sea of brown silk. 

Staring into the over-sized cup, your eyes become blurry.

For once, your problems seem to settle at the bottom of your caffeine-filled snack.

With the last sip, you recognize them as that brown mush that never dissolved.

Wash it down the sink and move on;

it's not worth worrying about.

Brown sludge is never worth worrying about.  


Happy Friday!!

Love and happiness <3 Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Comments are one thing on my happy list! Hearing from you makes me smile :)