Friday, April 11, 2014

Five Minute Friday: Paint

It's time for another Five Minute Friday! I'm linking up with Lisa-Jo Baker to write for 5 Minutes straight. No planning, no worrying, no hyper-editing--just writing! It's so much fun, and there are so many other wonderful people who link up to share their writing on Lisa-Jo's blog. You should check it out! It's so much fun! Or maybe you could even try writing about the topic!!



Five Minute Friday


Here's what I came up with for this week! I wrote about an amazing friend who I love dearly like my sisters :)


This week's topic is...

Paint.

Go:

Her art hangs on my walls. It adorns my home. She is reflected in her paintings. In every room, I am reminded of her beauty. Warming my life every day with happiness. It's her strength, her happiness, her sadness, her passion--her insides poured out for all to see. Her bravery. Her honesty.

Every night I eat dinner, I am comforted by her presence. And when I relax on my couch and get dressed in the morning. Each paintbrush stroke, so perfectly placed. Her eyes looking back at me. She listens to the details of my rough day, nodding with understanding. "Another headache again? Don't worry, you'll be okay. Just take a deep breath. You'll get through it. You always do," she says. 

She is my friend, my sister from another mother. My strength when I don't have any. My heartbeat, my joy, my laughter. My person when I need someone. She has been through my ups and downs. My rock bottom. She helped me through like no one knows. I think about her often and how her strength pulled us through difficult times. Making us spaghetti for dinner when we didn't think we could go on any longer. Knowing just how her presence was the only thing we needed to pull us together when we had nothing left. It meant everything. It still does. I don't know what I'd do without her love and support. 

Her paintings say it all: this is me. A piece of her heart is left on the canvas. I couldn't imagine it any other way. And I wouldn't want to. Her paintings are my comfort and my joy. Today, her son's painting decorates my wall right alongside his mamma's work. It lightens my heart and my soul. Innocence, sweet hugs, and laughter jump from the white paper and into my heart. Closing my eyes, I hear his tiny voice, his big laugh, and see his sweet smile. 

Him: "Howwy, I scare you again, pweese?" 

Me: "Sure, honey. You can scare me again."

Him: "Okay. Aaaaggghhhhh! I scare you?"

My heart warms and becomes lighter. His art makes me smile. His mamma's art makes me smile. Their art is my happy. They are my happy. May my walls always be embellished with passion, love, and laughter. I wouldn't have it any other way. 

Stop.








Some of her art in my life






Love and happiness <3 Holly


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Comments are one thing on my happy list! Hearing from you makes me smile :)