Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Tried It Tuesday!

Hirake goma!! Open sesame!






I learned that one from one of my Japanese students recently, and I can't stop saying it! It's so fun! So I'll open this post magically today!


It's time for another Tried It Tuesday! Here's another random selection of things that I've been enjoying over the past two weeks! Hope you enjoy! Don't forget to let me know anything new you've tried that you're enjoying too!


Food


Last week I picked up some pantry staples at Target because I had some coupons plus I used Target Cartwheel's app (extra savings!). At the end of one of the aisles, I found some great new items that I wanted to try in the food section.

I tried Lindt's Hello My Name is Coconut. It's white chocolate with coconut and pineapple filling. This line is new and Lindt writes on their website that it's a new "modern" line of chocolate. I am not a huge fan of white chocolate, but this is to die for! I have had this bar for an entire week! Whenever I want a sweet treat, I break off a square and one satisfies me! White chocolate is so sweet to me, that's enough! The coconut and pineapple filling is so sweet and creamy, and it perfectly balances out the white chocolate for me. It was totally worth the $1.38 to try it out!






I also found a new vegan, gluten free, ready-to-serve, organic soup to try. It's Dr. McDougall's Ready to Serve Soup. I got vegetable. It was on sale as well for $1.24. I should've bought the rest of them on the shelves! It's that good! It has a rich broth, brown rice, and great vegetables. The vegetables don't taste slimy or canned. It is totally worth the $3 and something price to have as a good, hearty lunch. It's delicious. They have all different kinds on their website, and it's sold at Target.





Music



I love this rendition of "It Must Have Been Love" sung by Kari Kimmel
I bought in on iTunes on a whim, and I listen to it on repeat.
Here's a link to purchase her song.



I also found this song as the "Free Song of the Week" on iTunes a few weeks ago.
It's one of my new favorites!
Lake Street Dive, "Bad Self Portraits"
Link to the song on iTunes








Ingrid Michaelson has a new CD coming out!!!!
I am so, so excited to get Ingrid's CD. 
She is amazing.
Her music is amazing.
This song is amazing.
That is all.


"Girls Chase Boys"
Link to iTunes



Movies


Some of my friends on my personal Facebook page last week were shocked that I had not seen The Goonies, just as my husband was :) I have just never seen this one! I have to admit, my husband and I started it really late one night (like 11:30 on a day off), and I fell asleep about 15 minutes in! Lisa, I promise I will get my review up for next week's Tried It Tuesday when I actually can stay awake to watch it!! I will totally start it earlier next time :)


Makeup





It's kind of hard to tell in this picture, but I have been loving this new pink cream  eye shadow that I recently bought. It's a Maybelline color tattoo. It's their eye studio color tattoo metal inked in pink. I love putting a base on my lid, then covering that with inked in pink, swiping some mid-tone to deep brown matte color in my crease, and then topping it off with some black eyeliner. It's my new favorite!


Eye Studio® Color Tattoo® Metal




That's it for Tried It Tuesday! What have you tried this week?


Love and happiness <3 Holly

1 comment:

  1. I've nominated you for the very inspiring blogger award. All the info's here: http://amateuraglow.blogspot.ca/2014/04/very-inspiring-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Comments are one thing on my happy list! Hearing from you makes me smile :)