Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Tried It Tuesday :)

Why, hello there! It's Tuesday, and time for another Tried It Tuesday! So here are some of my fun finds from the past week! Hope you enjoy!!



Food




Miso Instant Soup Packets








I picked these up when Bjorn wasn't feeling too well, and tried the leftover packet one morning with my breakfast last week. It was delicious and so easy! Just heat up some water and stir in the mix with the tofu and veggies! I found mine at Fresh Market.





Frozen Dark Chocolate Covered Bananas




Chocolate covered bananas are one of my all-time favorite snacks/treats! I found these at Kroger in the frozen section yesterday and had to try them! They are soooo good!! They also have them available with almonds too. The plain dark chocolate bananas are 100 calories per pack, and one satisfies my sweet tooth! Love these!





Redd's Strawberry Ale



Bjorn and I wanted something different to drink this past weekend. He picked up a Shandy. I picked this up. Rachael and I taste-tested it for everyone, and it is delicious! It's not too sweet, and it has great strawberry and apple flavors :)






Thrifted Instagram Find



I bought this dress from Katie @thriftyourheartoutshop on Instagram. I love her Vlogs (Thriftyourheartout). I scored this thrifted dress for $11.25! I seriously love it!




Book


\


I just started Legend on Sunday, and man, am I hooked!! The story alternates between two different characters and their points of view. Day is wanted by the government, and June grew up as a privileged member of society. It takes place in a dystopian society that was once the western United States. This new Republic is constantly at war with its neighbors and is covering up secrets from its citizens. It's action packed and full of suspense! I'm hooked!






Movie





My 5th graders study a huge historical fiction unit on civil rights, and this movie made think of all the books they've been reading and the stories they've been writing! I picked it up at Target last week, and I can't wait to watch it! It's about an unlikely friendship that's born out of the Montgomery Bus Boycott.





TV Show




I am loving the TV show Fast N' Loud. It's about these guys who buy and rebuild hot rods. I seriously love this show!! The guy's shop (notice how I don't know their names) is called Gas Monkey Garage. I just find it so interesting and funny!! It airs on Discovery Channel Mondays @ 9.






Songs


I love Ray LaMontagne. I love this cover. It's amazing. Please sell this cover on iTunes. Thank you much!

"Crazy" (CeeLo Green cover)
Ray LaMontagne





Old School: I totally refound my Brain McKnight CDs. I'm loving this one!
"6, 8, 10"





John Legend is amazing. There is nothing more to say.

I put this CD back on my phone and play it on repeat.

"All of Me"






That's all for this week's Tried It Tuesday!! 


What have you tried this past week?


Leave a comment below!


Love and happiness <3 Holly

3 comments:

  1. how did i not know that chocolate covered bananas existed!?!? these sounds amazing! i'd love it if youd comment back http://amyelizabethfashion.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/catch-ups-apologies-and-week-of.html xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Dole Banana Dippers as well. I saw strawberry ones the other weekend and I am dying to pick the up and try they as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Margaret! Aren't they delicious? Every time I buy them, I still only buy the banana ones! I'm a sucker for frozen, chocolate-covered bananas. I'm definitely going to try those strawberry ones too!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! Comments are one thing on my happy list! Hearing from you makes me smile :)