Monday, January 27, 2014

Celebrations

December to February is the month of celebrations for me and Bjorn. My sister in-law's birthday is close to Christmas, then there is Christmas, then my birthday on New Year's Eve, my mother-in-law's birthday is in January, and then Bjorn's is in the beginning of February. 
The one thing we are not short of over the holiday season is a celebration!

I have to say, I have had a great time celebrating over the holidays! It has been a blast! I've done a lot more than I usually do--going to musicals, concerts, having fun hanging out, and I have been just enjoying life! 

Here are some highlights of our celebrations over the past two months...there will be a few more to come once Bjorn has his birthday soon :)

Meredith, my sister-in-law's birthday:

I ended up giving Meredith her birthday present early because I was taking her to a concert, and it was happening before her birthday! We went to the Q102's Jeff and Jenn Christmas Show. It was so much fun!!! We saw A Great Big World (amazing), Christina Perri (amazing), and Colbie Caillat (amazing!).  We had so much fun!





Meredith and I waited outside in the freezing cold forever! The tickets said the doors opened at one time and the website said another! Well, we got there at the wrong time, so we ended up waiting outside for an hour! We couldn't feel ours toes, but got great places to stand inside!





Our view




My outfit




Here's a little of Colbie singing:




Here is a link to A Great Big World's Song "I Really Want It." They are one of my favorites! They are just so upbeat! Their CD just came out and I LOVE it!






Here's a link to Christina Perri's new song "Human." She is so amazing live! She is coming with Birdy to Bogart's in the Spring. Meredith and I can't wait to see her!








My Birthday: New Year's Eve

The day before my birthday, Bjorn, Rachael, and I always go to Jungle Jim's for some fun appetizer snacks and drinks to make on my birthday. I was a little anxious that day. To read more about that, you can click here. But overall, it was a super fun trip. Here are some highlights from our trip:










The day of my birthday, Rachael and I always go out shopping. Then we come back home and cook some yummy food and just hang around the house with Bjorn and the puppies.



Me and Rachael Shopping








Hanging out on my Birthday in Bed




Nom Noms!!


Crab Dip




Roasted Shrimp with Homemade Cocktail Sauce




Artichokes with butter sauce for dipping

Not pictured: lamb sliders with goat cheese












Pink Champagne Cupcakes from Cupcake Crazy




Cute new hair clip from Anthropologie that I picked up while shopping.



For one of my birthday presents, Bjorn's sisters got me tickets to see Walk Off the Earth at Bogarts. It was so much fun! We just went two weeks ago. Parachute opened for them. I hadn't listened to Parachute in a long time. I don't know what I was thinking! They were fabulous! Here is a song from Parachute and Walk of the Earth:


Parachute, "She is Love"




Walk off the Earth, Cover of "Royals"


Walk off the Earth, "Red Hands"

Walk off the Earth is super fun! They put on a crazy show, throwing instruments around the stage and dancing. They play covers and their own original music.



My Mother-in-Law's Birthday

My mother-in-law's birthday is in the middle of January. We went out to eat at BrewRiver  and then back to my sister-in-law's house for dessert. It was delicious! It was a triple celebration together for Bjorn's, mine, and my mother-in-law's birthdays! 

We had olives and pickles for an appetizer. Bjorn and I split fried green tomatoes with fried oysters, and then I had a "high-end" (as I like to call it) grilled cheese with their house-made pickles. It was fabulous! I have kind of been addicted to making grilled cheese and pickle sandwiches now! For dessert we had chocolate Texas sheet-cake (a really rich, fudge-like brownie cake with chocolate chips mixed in) and key lime pie. It was a yummy night!



Next up is Bjorn's birthday! I have a few things that I am debating between wanting to do for his birthday, so I'll let you know what I decide!!


It was a busy, but fun two months of celebrations! Whew!

How do you celebrate birthdays?


Love and happiness <3 Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Comments are one thing on my happy list! Hearing from you makes me smile :)