Monday, January 20, 2014

Grab Some Inspiration

Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a great Monday, whether or not you had the day off! Since today is Martin Luther King, Jr. day, I decide to start off with a few quotes from some inspirational people--people who look at the world through an optimistic lens and try to inspire the world to do the same. 




Since it is Martin Luther King Jr. day, I thought I'd start here:










To honor Nelson Mandela:










I have been teaching my students about Eleanor Roosevelt:







I love this:







If you ever need great, fast reads that are full of positivity, read Michael J. Fox's books Lucky Man: A Memoir and Always Looking Up: The Adventures of an Incurable Optimist (amazing books!). 









Here are two documentaries that I've watched recently that have really inspired me as well. They are both HBO documentaries.





In this documentary, you'll follow three public defenders who strive for equal justice where not everyone can afford an expensive defense-attorney. 









This documentary follows the life of Sam and his family as they try to find a cure for Progeria.








And, finally, here's a song to remind you to have some FUN this week and do what you LOVE!! Happy Monday!




A Great Big World, "Rockstar"




Love and happiness <3 Holly


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Comments are one thing on my happy list! Hearing from you makes me smile :)